A highly accurate sensor to measure continuous angles between physical objects with an unlimited range.
PhysCompass is a contact-based, very low-friction angular position and speed sensor which promises to be accurate, reliable, and extremely easy to use. Based on vernier interpolation, PhysCompass can quickly and continuously measure the angle of any rotating object with a resolution as fine as 0.6° and a range that has no limits! A versatile adapter means you can suspend pendulums and rods to investigate swinging motions, mount rotating discs and wheels to explore rotational dynamics, or attach a needle (and utilize the in-built hardware tare button) to acquire absolute angle measurements.
- Range: Unlimited
- Accuracy: ⩽ 0.6°
- Resolution: ⩽ 0.6°
- Direction sensitive
- Hardware tare
- Adaptable for rods, pendulums, rotors, etc.
- PhysInstrument Class: Digital
- Connects with PhysLogger
- Investigate nonlinear and chaotic motion with a magnetically controlled pendulum
- Discover the principles of rotational mechanics
- Explore the profound physics of pendulums and oscillators
- Track the rotation of a motor, shaft or any pivoted component
- Biomechanical and clinical measurements
- Robots and vehicles